The Lakeport Plantation house, built in 1859, is the only remaining Arkansas antebellum plantation home on the Mississippi River. The Greek Revival structure is one of Arkansas's premiere historic structures. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, the home was gifted to Arkansas State University by the Sam Epstein Angel family in 2001. After five years of restoration work, the home opened to the public.
Lakeport Plantation is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media