Fort Smith Little Theatre
In 1947, the Young Ladies Guild of Sparks Memorial Hospital decided to sponsor an amateur production of the play “Mr. and Mrs. North” as a fund-raiser. That was the beginning of our community theatre.
Productions were staged in local school auditoriums, hotel ballrooms and lecture halls for the next five years. In 1952, the group purchased an old grocery store and renovated it into a theatre-in-the-round with a seating capacity of 150. This building on North “O” Street was home to FSLT until 1986 when the present theatre was completed at 401 North Sixth Street under the aegis of The Center, Inc.
Fort Smith Little Theatre is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media